When looking for a place for Mom (or Dad), if you live in or near Olympia WA, you will find there are an overwhelming number of assisted living choices. A place for Mom (or Dad) needs to meet the same standards for my clients that it has to meet for me. I am fortunate, it is my business to make sure that assisted living in Olympia WA and the surrounding areas would meet my criteria. I represent a lot of people that are looking for a place for Mom (or Dad). Because I would not recommend a facility that I would not be happy for my own Mom or Dad to move into, I am held accountable to only representing the finest assisted living and adult family homes in and around Olympia WA.
People often ask “How do you decide which assisted living and adult family homes to share with your clients?” Well, in addition to making sure that the facilities I represent understand and abide by all of today’s laws and licensing requirements, I look at points like:
- Does the facility truly understand the needs of it’s residents?
- Does the facility hold it’s employees to the highest standards of care?
- Do they keep up with staffing and service needs?
- Do they see each resident as a person first and foremost?
- Are they concerned about each individual’s personality?
- How do they handle unexpected situations?
- How do they treat family and friends that come to visit?
Of course, there is so much more to our decision making process. These are just a few points that come to mind when I am asked that question. The underlying question I want to help my clients answer is
Is this the right place for Mom (or Dad), based on Mom or Dad’s needs, personality and budget.