Finding Adult Family Homes in Olympia WA
When you are exploring your options for senior housing facilities, you may want to consider adult family homes in Olympia WA. Adult family homes are private homes that are licensed by the state of Washington. They may care for up to 6 residents. They provide warm, personalized care in a family home within a residential neighborhood.
Each adult family home has licensed care providers who have the training and experience to care for residents with a variety of needs. The providers may have different levels of skills–there may be a nursing assistant, a Licensed Practical Nurse or a Registered Nurse on staff.
Some of the benefits of living in an adult family home in Olympia WA include:
- Small, intimate environment
- Private or semi-private rooms
- 24-hour personalized care
- Minimum staffing ratio of 1 caregiver to 6 residents
- Family style meals
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Assistance with medications
- Companionship and emotional support
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Warm family home setting
The costs for adult family homes are based on the level of care needed and the type of room you choose. You will need to ask what is included in the base fee and what additional charges may be involved.
In addition, there are some other questions you will want to ask in order to make an informed choice.
- Is the license current and available for review?
- Is the DSHS inspection report available?
- What are the qualifications and background of the caregivers?
- Ask to see references.
- What is the caregiver-to-resident ratio?
- How will the care change as the resident’s needs change?
- Are the grounds and house safe and well-maintained?
- Do the residents appear happy and well cared for?
- What are the medication procedures?
- What foods are served, and do residents have choices?
The process of finding adult family homes in Olympia WA that meet your specific needs can be clarified when you use our free service. Contact us for your consultation.